Q:: Where is Sorrento or Queenscliff and how do I get there?
Sorrento and Queenscliff are famous for fishing and charters. Both quaint fishing villages and now popular destinations for all types of fishing enthusiasts. See here for directions.
Q:: Where do I get a Recreational Fishing Licence from?
Anybody fishing Sorrento or Queenscliff or surrounds will need a fishing licence. Click here for more information.
Q:: Should I bring my own tackle and bait?
No, we supply all fishing equipment, however if you have a lucky rod you would like to use, you are welcome to bring it along. But keep in mind all our gear is serviced after each trip and kept in top condition….we would hate for you to lose the big one because your gear fails!
Q:: Will you clean my fish?
Yep, all fish is cleaned, bagged and ready to pop on the BBQ that afternoon, or into the freezer while you explore all Sorrento or Queenscliff have to offer!
Q:: Do I need to book a group or can I come as a single?
We can take group bookings, or we regularly take single bookings on charters. The choice is yours…
Q:: Sea Sickness: will I get seasick while we’re fishing?
Everybody is different, with every day being different on the water. We suggest prevention is better than the cure. So call into your local chemist before the trip and purchase Avil, Travel Calm or Kwells. Take one the night before and then ensure that you take the tablet at least 1 hour before boarding for your charter. (Of course always follow directions on the pack). Also have a good breaky prior to taking the medication. Taking a tablet while on the boat won’t help you at all. This may sound a little odd but putting in one ear plug also helps to combat seasickness, it is to do with Inner Ear and Balance, which is the predominate cause of motion/sea sickness. Use the two in conjunction for ultimate protection.
Q:: Food and Drink….what should I bring?
We do not supply any food on board. Both our vessels have BBQ facilities on board however these are only available on private charters and if you wish to use these, please advise at time of booking. Tea and coffee are available on both boats. We do not have any sort of reheating facilities on board our boats. We also recommend bringing water, as well as soft drink or what ever other drinks you may like. Our crew request that you do not bring any Bananas as they are extremely unlucky!
Q:: How much deposit do we need to pay?
We require a 30% deposit upon booking with the balance owing on the day either with credit card or cash. Bookings are fully transferrable and can be rescheduled with reasonable notice. We require at least 14 days notice for cancellations. Refunds are not available. In the event of cancellation due to weather or minimum numbers not met, your trip will be rescheduled to another date at your convenience. Conditions apply.
Q:: Where do you depart from? Can you pick up from Portsea?
We depart from Harbour St Queenscliff or the Sorrento Pier. Please advise us at the time of booking which departure point you prefer.
Q:: Would it be possible to get a private charter and how many people do we need?
Yes, Private Fishing Charters require payment for 12 passengers. Cost will depend upon the length of the charter booked.
Q:: Do you supply a lunch on the 8hr trips?
We dont supply lunch but you are welcome to BYO any food you require for the day.
Q:: Can we bring alcohol on the boat, what’s the policy?
ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION POLICY
Some key notes regarding alcohol, alcoholic consumption and behavior:
• Rip Charters and its vessels subscribes to responsible drinking and if a passenger attempts to board the boat and the skipper deems them already intoxicated, they will refused entry .
• Being on a boat is not a license to get outrageously drunk. As with licensed venues (like pubs and hotels), intoxicated passengers will not be tolerated and may cause a charter to be terminated without refund.
• Beer is permitted in cans, 2/3 cans per person over 5hrs is acceptable.
• No bottles of clear spirits will be allowed onboard (ie tequila, vodka, gin, whisky etc) and definitely no shooters.
• Drinking water is required on all boat charters (at least one bottle per person).
• Ice boxes are provided on all vessels, so you don’t need to bring any eskys with you. However, you will need to bring your own bags of ice to keep your drinks cool.
• Treat our boats like you’d treat your own house. Keep it clean!
• Rubbish bins and bin liners are provided on both our charter boats. Please use them! Boat crew will dispose of empty containers at the end of the cruise, but if you leave a mess on the boat, you will be charged for the clean up afterwards.
Q:: What about Weather and our cancellation policy?
In the event of bad weather some trips will need to be cancelled. We will call you the night before after 5.30pm to advise if a morning trip is not going ahead and in the morning after 7.30am in an afternoon trip is not proceeding.